199 posts vacant in Commercial Tax Department Jharkhand, impact on revenue collection latest news today in hindi

jharkhand commercial tax department notification for 199 vacant posts latest news update 2024

Latest Updated 26/02/2024: The Commercial Tax Department of Jharkhand Government is facing a huge shortage of officers these days. This is affecting commercial tax collection.

According to the information received from the department, a total of 443 posts are sanctioned for tax collection, but only 244 officers are doing the work. A total of 199 posts are vacant. At the same time, the process is going on in the department to give regular promotion to all the officials who are eligible for promotion on the vacant posts. Apart from this, advertisement has been issued by JPSC for filling Jharkhand Finance Service Cadre through direct recruitment. Advertisement has been issued for 342 posts through Jharkhand Combined Civil Services Competitive Examination - 2023, out of which 56 posts are for State Tax Officer.

199 posts vacant in Commercial Tax Department Jharkhand notification download pdf latest news update 2024 in hindi

For More Information - Click here

50 percent posts are vacant in 443 posts. Out of 443 posts working for revenue collection in the Commercial Tax Department, about 50 percent posts are vacant.

Revenue collection is 60% from GST and 40% from other taxes 

The commercial tax department currently collects about 60 per cent of the total revenue collection from Goods and Services Tax (GST). The remaining approximately 40 percent revenue comes from Jharkhand Value Added Tax (JVAT), Electricity Duty (ED), Jharkhand Profession Tax (JPT). The target of total collection including GST, JVAT, ED and JPT in the financial year 2023-2024 was Rs 24,000 crore. By December 2023, revenue collection was up to 59 percent. The state government had also admitted that due to acute shortage of officers in the Commercial Tax Department, one officer was effectively working in excess of multiple duties. Due to this, tax collection is adversely affected.

  • 443 posts sanctioned in the department, but only 244 officers are working
  • Advertisement has been issued for filling in Finance Services Cadre through direct recruitment.

What is the status of vacant and working posts?

Post Name | Sanctioned Post | Vacant-Working

State Tax Special Commissioner | 05 | all vacant

State Tax Additional Commissioner | 19 | all vacant

Joint Commissioner of State Tax | 44 | working-16, vacant- 28

Deputy Commissioner of State Tax | 60 | working - 12, vacant - 48

State Tax Assistant Commissioner | 122 | working- 89, vacant- 33

State Tax Officer | 193 | working- 127, vacant- 66