Bihar Board fined two lakhs for discrepancy in student's mark sheet latest news today in hindi

BSEB Bihar Board fined 2 lakh rupees for discrepancy in student's mark sheet by Patna High Court (PHC) latest news update 2023

Latest Updated 24/07/2023: The Patna High Court has ordered the Bihar School Examination Board to pay Rs 2 lakh as compensation for wasting two academic years of a girl student due to irresponsible conduct. The compensation amount has to be paid within one month. Along with this, an order has been given to pay Rs 25 thousand as litigation expenses. The single bench of Justice Rajiv Ranjan Prasad gave this order after hearing the petition filed by Manoj Kumar.

  • Had failed in sanskrit subject in matric exam result
  • 77 points were told after one and a half years under Right to Information

Bihar Board fined 2 lakh rupees for discrepancy in student's mark sheet notification latest news update 2023 in hindi

On behalf of the applicant, the court was told that his daughter had given matriculation examination in the year 2017. The result was given showing failure in Sanskrit. The daughter was shocked to see the result. He left his studies. Later, about one and a half years later, in the information sought under the Right to Information, it was told that he had obtained 77 marks in Sanskrit. The girl's career was ruined due to the board's mistake. At the same time, the counsel for the board admitted that instead of 77 marks, 3 marks were given in Sanskrit. The court said in its decision that this is an irresponsible act of the officers and employees of the board. The girl had applied for examination along with the requisite fee immediately after the declaration of the result, but the time was not taken care of. It took a year and a half for the board to take corrective action.

Student wasted two years

The court said that due to the failure of the first class student, she lost two academic years, which cannot be compensated. The court has given exemption to the board to investigate the matter and recover the amount from the guilty officer.